These delicious vanilla and spice-scented muffins swap most of the vegetable oil and all of the cow milk found in most recipes for nutritious Kabrita Goat Milk Toddler Formula. The result is more wholesome and a great option for families who are looking for a cow milk alternative!
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Baking time: 20 minutes
Makes 12 muffins
6 small or 3 large carrots, peeled
1 1/2 cups (375 mL) all-purpose flour
1 tsp (5 mL) baking powder
½ tsp (2 mL) baking soda
¼ tsp (1 mL) ground cinnamon
1/2 cup (125 mL) lightly packed brown sugar
½ cup (120 mL) prepared Kabrita Goat Milk Toddler Formula
¼ cup (60 mL) vegetable oil
1 tsp (5 mL) pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350F (180C). Lightly coat or spray a 12-cup muffin tin with oil.
2. Grate carrots using the grating disc of a food processor or a box grater. Measure out exactly 3 cups (750 mL) lightly-packed grated carrots.
3. Place flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Using a whisk, stir until evenly mixed.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk eggs with sugar, prepared formula, oil and vanilla. Pour egg mixture over flour mixture and stir gently. Add carrots and stir just until mixed.
5. Spoon and divide between prepared muffin cups. Bake in the center of preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of muffins comes out clean, about 20 to 22 minutes.
6. Let stand for five minutes, then remove to a rack (run a butter knife around each muffin to release, if needed).
If making ahead, muffins will keep well in an airtight container on the counter for up to 2 days. They can also be frozen so you have these healthy snacks on hand – just wrap each muffin individually to keep them fresh.
To prepare Kabrita Goat Milk Toddler Formula for this recipe, place 4 unpacked and levelled scoops of formula into a small bowl. Whisk in 4 FL OZ of cold water. Do not use formula discarded from your toddler’s feed.
Get all the ingredients at your favorite retailer. Click here to find a store near you.